Jaded Lens

Friday, November 04, 2005

Unknown Shadows

I know most people don't look at me and think, "Wow, there goes an underground hiphop enthusiast." Nevertheless, MF Doom and his various incarnations have dominated my immediate airwaves all week. While prefer his work as Madvillain, especially the song "Accordion," MF Doom's collaboration with Danger Mouse, entitled Dangerdoom, for the album "The Mouse and the Mask" has played almost constantly in my stereo and in my head ever since my friend Kevin left them on my computer last Sunday. The album's a bit of cross-promotion for the Cartoon Network and features samples from the Adult Swim shows, mostly from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, which made me a little nervous at first but once you get past that (if you're not into it already), it really is an amazing album. The backing tracks make me want to dance and instantly make me feel cool. I really don't know how else to describe them. Sometimes one of the songs will get in my head and I just want to start dancing right at the Coke machine here in the office and I have to restrain myself. That's pretty powerful b/c everyone who knows me knows I ain't no dancer.

When I'm not doing that, I've been playing around with my Casio SK-1, adding in sounds to a few of the weird piano riffs I've been writing. I only told you that so I could show you this picture:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm finally off of the antibiotics for the eye thing so tomorrow night I can go out drinking! Thank god I can finally leave my house and not have to wear sunglasses.
Pax.

3 Comments:

  • I record my neighbor's dog barking and then bark back at her in chorus through my old Fender amp. My neighbor is moving out next month.

    By Blogger Jaded Lens, at 11:28 AM  

  • Max, after you mentioned MC Doom, I decided to get some of his stuff. I listened to part of Venomous Villain this morning and really got into it. I have a feeling it's going to be playing on my ipod quite frequently. I haven't gotten around to listening to Dangerdoom yet, but its coming up soon. Thanks again for a good recommendation.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 AM  

  • MF Doom, not MC Doom. Gotta get some coffee.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home