Jaded Lens

Monday, November 21, 2005

Please Raise Your Right Hand

I just wanted to post a quick note. I haven't been able to post for the past week or so because I'm currently serving on a jury in District of Columbia federal court. It's really not as bad as people say and it's been a really interesting experience so far. Hopefully, I'll be done with this by the middle of this week. Everybody have a great Thanksgiving. I can't wait to get home (probably on Thursday morning) and see everybody back in Danville!

If you normally email me at my work address, I will not be able to check it all week so please use jadedlens78@gmail.com.

Finally, I must say, the courthouse is a really interesting place. There's so many stories to hear and people to meet. Last Thursday when I started, I not only saw a guy get arrested right in front of me, just jerked out of the line and handcuffed with the biggest "what the f*ck just happened?" look I've ever seen, but I also met courthouse character Darrell, who sat down next to me at 7AM and told me all about God, Michael Jackson's neverending love for children, and how to take boys and girls to baseball fields and preach to them that kissing leads to the Devil, so they don't "conjugate" (his word) too early. Frightening yet hilarious at the same time although I sincerely hope nobody allows their children anywhere near that guy.

Seeya next week,
Rolfe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home