Jaded Lens

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

My Launchcast Station

I love my Yahoo Launchcast station. This is the track listing from the past hour or so I've been listening:
Grandaddy "Stray Dog and the Chocolate Shake" (Great song from a great album.)
The Pixies "Monkey Gone to Heaven" (one of my favorites...)
The Minutemen "King of the Hill" (easily my favorite Mike Watt bass line)
The Who "Bargain"
AC/DC "The Jack" (What? An AC/DC song about easy women with a double entendre title? Never!)
Ted Leo & The Pharmacists "Me and Mia"
Smashing Pumpkins "Thirty-Three"
Pavement "Loretta's Scars" (I hadn't heard it in so long, I forget how much I love this song.)
Iron & Wine "Teeth in the Grass"
From Bubblegum to Sky "The Gurls & Shoo Be Doo Wop" (An aptly named band)
Lynyrd Skynyrd "Gimme Three Steps" (not my favorite Lyrnyrd song.)
The Police "Omegaman"
Elliott Smith "Oh Well, Okay" (of course...)
Guided by Voices "Non-Absorbing"
Le Tigre "Seconds" (If it's not Decepticon, then I don't like them.)
Sonic Youth "Chapel Hill" (I saw them play this live at Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill when I was 16. It was amazing.)
Earlimart "All They Ever Do is Talk" (amen, brother.)

3 Comments:

  • "Me & Mia" is my favorite Ted Leo and the Pharmacists song! Yay!!

    By Blogger SpangledAngel, at 10:49 AM  

  • I'm not really that big a fan of them, but I like their album "Hearts of Oak" from back in the day. Otherwise, I think most of the people who really "love" them just read too many hipster magazines.

    By Blogger Jaded Lens, at 11:55 AM  

  • Thanks for posting your station! Whenever I have listened too mine too much for the month I can listen to yours instead and still rate some new artists into mine! Nice collection of quality music by the way :-)Although your station has been the culprit in forcing me to go by a new cd or two because I heard it there first!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home