Jaded Lens

Monday, August 22, 2005

Hostage Negotiations

I've been absent-mindedly playing with a short length of copper wire at my desk this morning. It measures approximately 2 9/16" in length and 1/8" in diameter. While obstensibly sheathed in gray plastics, there is also a second clear plastic sheath on top of the gray. "ANT 11 OR AWM NW-1" is printed on the top layer of the sheathing. The wire bends quite well, providing a decent amount of resistance yet only regains its original shape with some difficulty, usually requiring the straight back of my stapler as a guide. Using the sharp metal edge of my ruler, I strip away 1/2" of the first layer of plastic to expose the gray layer underneath. I'm suprised to find that this second layer is not plastic, but indeed some type of rubber/vinyl. It will be sent to the lab later for further analysis, but my educated guess is nylon. Using the sharp edge of my fingernail clippers, I strip away the gray rubber/vinyl to expose a magical world of unicorns and castles lying beneath. Damn you, Scientologists. Foiled again.

The End...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home