Jaded Lens

Friday, August 12, 2005

From WBEZ in Chicago | This American Life

From WBEZ in Chicago | This American Life

There was a time when I kept track of time at work by the number of This American Life radio stories I'd listened to so far. After 3 stories, I knew it was about time for lunch. After another 5, time to go home. Everybody should listen to at least a few of these stories. Each week, Ira Glass and friends tackle a new topic, exploring a new concept or idea through very different methods, from entirely new angles. Some of my favorites include "Notes from Camp" (only because it reminds me of my summers at Camp Cherrio), "Music Lessons," "Americans in Paris" and "Secret Government." "A Very Special Sedaris Christmas" from 1997 is by far the best Christmas episode, but "The House on Loon Lake" left me completely captivated. It's probably the best thing I've ever heard on the radio. Start with the Our Favorites link and work from there!

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home