Jaded Lens

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Washington City Paper Cover Story: The Drone Ranger

If anybody ever wants to know the crazy bullshit that I deal with at work constantly, this article touches on them all. It's the perfect indictment of the modern workplace.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/cover/2005/cover0826.html

Just for the record, I got a bit on an inspiration today, so I might not disappear like I threatened earlier. If I get some time tonight, I'll write it out (since it's already composed in my head) and post it up here tomorrow. Let's just say Iggy Pop is involved.

2 Comments:

  • My boss recently gave us all a laminated list of Ivestor's Business Daily's 10 secrets to success and instructed us all to put it in a place where we could see it everyday and to come up with a way to encorporate at least 1 of the items mentioned into our daily work.....

    #1- How you think is everything (my boss coudln't give a crap about what I think, he is a chauvanistic old man who only listens to other men who think the exact way he does)
    #2- Decide upon true dreams and goals (my true dream and ultimate life goal is to write a book and live off the money it makes me for the rest of my life so is he telling me to quit?)
    #5- Be persistant and work hard (did so all summer and was told I was working too much and coming in too early)
    #8- Don't Be afraid to innovate, be different (see #1, this man could not be more afraid of different if it was a three headed monster that was trying to eat his first born child)

    well anyway, you get the picture... and you have to love the "if you could be any animal what would you be" question replayed in thinly veiled disguises at every single staff meeting.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

  • Wow. Still looking up trucking schools? I still think you should go for it.

    Love ya, Bax


    Me again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home