Jaded Lens

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Lunch-time Blogging

I'm bored at work so I thought I'd do a little blogging:

"I'm keeping the painting. It was a gift."

Wedding Crashers is everything I expected. Sure, the middle gets a little drawn out, but damn, it's funny. They used double-punchlines viciously, starting the giggling with the first and then knocking me out with the second. I missed two really good comebacks b/c I was already laughing. Brilliant! My roommate had two things to say afterwards:
1. "The funny part is that I've now taken Vince Vaughn's drinking and smoking, somewhat sleazy movie characters as role models." So true.
2. "How many people do you think will be arrested for crashing weddings this summer?" A lot.

My Vince Vaughn/Will Ferrell/Ben Stiller/Wilson Brothers comedy troupe of movies Top 5 must be updated (they all must contain at least 2 of the above):

1. Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story ("Later...dater.")
2. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (This is really a tie with Dodgeball.)
3. Wedding Crashers
4. Old School (I think I've just seen it too many times.)
5. The Royal Tenenbaums (Maybe not as funny as Zoolander, but I love this movie. It's one of my Top 10 Favorites Since 2000.)

I'm hesitant to include Wedding Crashers so early, but it was that good. We'll see how if I still feel the same way after I've watched it 20 times, like the rest of them.

Other thoughts:
I no longer have internet access at home. The person with the wireless connection must've moved away or gotten wise to us, but the weird thing is that I was pretty certain it was the Glover Park community wireless. I need to do some research.

I've had a really good week right up until today. I'm just really bored and no one's online yet to chat. Btw, if somebody out there ever feels the same way, my AOL IM is tacopronto68 and I'm here 9-5. Plus, they've stopped selling both my brands of deodorant and ear plugs at the grocery store next to the office. The ear plugs really bother me because they were perfect. They were minus-22 decibel count (perfect for live shows, no muffling just reduction) and really comfortable. I've never seen those kind anywhere else so I've got no choice but the minus-30 white foam that are really uncomfortable and I usually throw out halfway through a show. This is not good.

Some woman in lunchroom today started hassling me about my packed lunch. Granted, stapling the tops of plastic bags together, each respectively containing an apple, a PB&J sandwich and patato chips, might be a bit low-class, but are lunchboxes or other lunch organizers required post-elementary school? It'd be like having a Trapper Keeper instead of a briefcase or maybe the other way around, but who really cares? Leave my lunchtime accessories, or lack thereof, alone.

I need some new jokes. Almost all of my friends have already heard the Big Five. These include the infamous pirate joke, Michael Jackson/Neil Armstrong, rednecks and the bag of chickens, rednecks playing 20 questions, and the cop with the radar gun. However, I have added "tally ho" and "garden hoe" to the repertoire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home