Jaded Lens

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Danville Register Bee | SATS technology ... makes Danville look to the skies

Danville Register Bee | SATS technology ... makes Danville look to the skies

The funny part about this article, other than the fact that a woman from NASA uses the term "rock star" to describe chartered private jets, is that I wrote this very same article about the SATS program for the South Boston Gazette-Virginian almost five years ago. Then, I was a brash young UVa graduate, recently returned from a summer in Australia, with absolutely no plans for the future. My friend and mentor, Linwood, got me the tryout that led to said article but my dismissal was a foregone conclusion due to me being 5 minutes late and the fact that the publisher was not a fan of my hair style, which I called the "I haven't gotten a hair cut in 5 months" look. However, that did eventually lead to another tryout with a paper in Clarksville, but as usual, I acted like an arrogant bastard b/c I'd just been offered a job making "good money" with a tech company in Washington, DC. The job I still work today. The job that bores me to no end while I'd rather be out in the morning sunshine hunting down stories on Main Street. Fuck.

1 Comments:

  • The R&B is looking for an Arts & Entertainment reporter. Would you really want to come back to Danville?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home