Jaded Lens

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Weird, huh?







Your #1 Match: ENFP




The Inspirer

You love being around people, and you are deeply committed to your friends.
You are also unconventional, irreverant, and unimpressed by authority and rules.
Incredibly perceptive, you can usually sense if someone has hidden motives.
You use lots of colorful language and expressions. You're qutie the storyteller!

You would make an excellent entrepreneur, politician, or journalist.




I paid $100 during college to take the Meyers-Brigg test yet a poorly spelled 40 question internet quiz gets the same exact result. Actually, I took it twice. My Extrovert/Introvert score switchd exactly, 9 on E the first time, 9 on I the second. INFP is the standard for historical researchers, librarians, and missionaries; ENFP people are best suited for journalism and politics. I've done them all to a modicum of success. Scary.

This also led to the "Max should join the Peace Corp" debacle of 1999, leaving me stuck for an afternoon at Sweet Briar College in Lynchburg, Va., aka the "College for Girls Who Like Horses a Little Too Much." I guess the cute girls of the exclusive all-girls school world don't visit Peace Corp seminars, but the Nathalie's do. Peppermint Patty and Marcie too. I just wanted to work in Nepal.

Now, Top 5 things from the past week:

  1. I can write here until my face turns blue. However, I cannot write more than 500 words on my grad school personal statement, which is due to GWU in two weeks and needs 200 more words and a conclusion.
  2. Neil Bush's son is an idiot, but is it funny or scary? Whichever, I'm willing to bet this video comes back to haunt him, nawhaI'msayin?
  3. Dan from Analog Jetpack banged his head on a stage light, almost blacked out, then played the rest of the set with only a 3-string bass. The man's a genius.
  4. My car sucks. She no longer loves me. Two breakdowns in one week. What I do, Martha? Bitch... I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. Here's a car freshener...
  5. My St. Patrick's Day show at Velvet Lounge is going to rock. Telograph, Koshari, Deleted Scenes. That is the order. Come. Here's the Flyer:

Image hosting by Photobucket

1 Comments:

  • Max,

    My advice for writing is:
    1. Make sure you have large amounts of your alcoholic beverage of choice (or hell, even several).

    2. Cigarettes...lots of cigarettes.

    3. Make sure your favorite writing implement is close at hand and get started on 1 and 2.

    4. The next thing you know it will be written and you will be drunk and happy.
    There's a reason why all of the great writers are alcoholics and smokers, it works. Hell, look at Hemmingway.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home